What makes a good holistic dentist?
A good holistic or biological dentist is one who takes a comprehensive approach to dental care, considering not just the teeth and gums, but also the patient’s overall health and well-being. Some of the key characteristics that make a good holistic or biological dentist include:
- Emphasis on prevention: A good holistic or biological dentist will focus on preventing dental problems before they occur, through good oral hygiene practices and a healthy diet.
- Safe removal of amalgam fillings: If the dentist offers amalgam removal, they should have a safe protocol to remove the mercury fillings to protect the patient and the environment.
- Use of biocompatible materials: A good holistic or biological dentist will use biocompatible materials for dental restorations to avoid any allergic reactions or other health issues that may arise from the use of traditional materials.
- Consideration of the whole person: A good holistic or biological dentist will take into account the patient’s overall health and lifestyle when developing a treatment plan, looking beyond just the mouth.
- Use of advanced technology: A good holistic or biological dentist will stay up-to-date with the latest dental technology, using techniques that are minimally invasive and provide the best outcomes for the patient.
- Collaboration with other healthcare providers: A good holistic or biological dentist will work closely with other healthcare providers to ensure that the patient’s overall health is considered when developing a treatment plan.
Since Biological dentistry is not yet mainstream, there is a lot of confusion surrounding Holistic Dentists. First, you should know that they are legitimate dentists if they have DDS following their name (which stands for Doctor of Dental Surgery) or DMD (Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry). The second thing to keep in mind is that it means they are general dentists who also look at how your dental health affects the rest of your body as a whole.
How do you know if holistic dentistry is worth it? Let’s start with the basics.
Basics of holistic dentistry
Holistic dentistry addresses not only the safest practices for the health and preservation of your teeth and gums, it focuses on how your oral health affects and supports your general health. Whereas a conventional dentist will only work on fixing the problems isolated within your mouth.
We often hear patients say things like, “I don’t want any more silver fillings in my mouth,” and “I do not want to add any mercury toxicity,” or “I don’t want to have any procedures that may cause damage to the rest of my body.” Holistic Dentistry addresses these very legitimate worries by providing safe solutions and procedures to correct these same concerns.
If you find yourself feeling uneasy about what may be going inside your mouth, this is the perfect opportunity to find out how our holistic dentists can offer you more options.
Are holistic dentist safe and worth it?
YES, holistic dentists are very safe and worth every penny. Here are some reasons why:
- First of all, each private dental room comes fully equipped with its own ozone generator. Ozone is used in almost every procedure, from fillings to extractions to eradicate things like bacteria and fungus while also oxygenating tissues to promote healing.
- Next, our Holistic Dentists are well educated to be aware that the dental materials used in the mouth affect a person’s overall health. Therefore, whether we are adding or removing materials, we are constantly prioritizing safety.
- This can be seen in our strict adherence to the Huggins Protocol for safe mercury amalgams removal. In addition, we also offer the biocompatibility test to determine if the materials we are placing in your mouth or the materials already in your mouth are biocompatible with your body.
- Because we are a metal-free clinic, we only use bio-compatible materials such as ceramic and resin. This is because metal is a source of corrosion and can cause a lot of damage to your system, including metal toxicity. We also do not use fluoride nor recommend root canals as they both can lead to several unnecessary health problems.
Here is a more detailed explanation of what we do in our clinic:
As you can see, the holistic approach is the best approach to safe dentistry and overall health. Now that you are ready to meet with one of our Holistic Dentists, please get in contact with us, we will be happy to take care of you.